A Friend and Brother
This past week we have had the privilege of being ministered to by two Brothers and Shepherds, one of which was Dr. K. I have known of him for several years, but my first meeting with him was last December: a cool Tuesday morning over pancakes at Denny’s on Wade Hampton Boulevard. If my mom had known the outcome of that meeting, she would have done everything within her power to keep me at home! Since that time, the L. has taught me much about ministry and life through his example and character. This week he took the time to meet with each ETA member and give encouragement, counsel, and exhortation, as needed. He also shared his vision for future Kingdom-work in Asia. Only the L. knows what the next few years will hold. Maybe He will choose to make us a part of it.
On a lighter note—the pictures. A trip to China wouldn’t be complete without a visit to McDonalds! On Monday night before he left, Mathew and I met with Dr. K. for some fellowship (and frivolity). You know a man has a good self-image when he’s willing to have a photo of himself sitting on Ronald’s lap published on the www. I also learned that Dr. K. is a fan of "Andy Griffith"--I knew I liked him for some reason. As for the letter from Paton--a few weeks ago, Dr. K. was at my brother-in-law and sister’s local assembly. My nephew Paton wrote a letter to me. I believe it is the first letter that I have received that has personally been through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Singapore. Thanks Paton!
An encouraging weekend of exhortation and instruction. A gift from the Father. “Exhort one another every day…for we share in C.”