...and then to Beijing
On my way home from IM I was able to spend a few days in Beijing with Josh Jensen and his sister's family, the Erkens'. A great time of fellowship. The Erkens' have been in China for 7 years, so I was able to learn much from their experience and insight. Luke and Caleb were great. At 2 1/2 years old, Caleb probably knows more Chinese than I do! And Luke won't be far behind (he just had his first birthday last Friday).
Josh and I were able to take a trip over to one section of the Great Wall. An amazing sight, winding through the mountains. Hopefully the pictures will give you a small taste of the beauty. And Josh's humor provided a memory that I won't soon forget.
I'm now back at home, ready for school to begin on Monday. After approximately 133 hours in a train covering 4,356 miles, I have a small taste of the culture and ways and needs of this land. Invaluable lessons taught. I don't say learned, because that is still a work in progress. Now I have the opportunities to work out what He has been working in me (Philippians 2:12-13). Brothers, pry for us.

