a recent trip to Hohhot
I recently had the opportunity to spend a week and a half with a brother in Inner Mongolia, a province in northern China (not to be confused with Mongolia, a separate country due north of IM). A good time of learning with a brother, meeting a new brother, and having more opportunities for Him to continue the lessons begun on my first trip. I was also able to experience the Chinese New Year first hand. For a concise, though often humorous summary of the Chinese festivities, check out my friend's blog at http://checkupondj.blogspot.com/.
I've been in China for six months now and learned a little about the Chinese people; but the five weeks that I was able to live among the people--their homes, their customs, their WCs--has been invaluable. If you're ever thinking about coming to China, forget the Marriott. Check out the villages. The rates are great and the memories are unforgettable.

