(Not) Lost in TranslationLearning a culture takes a lifetime. And with the knowledge of a culture comes the ability to accurately and adequately translate into another language. While there is an admirable effort on the part of the Chinese to acquire an accurate understanding of the English language, certain translations cannot help but bring a smile. Ironically, they often communicate a truth even better than our own English version. Mathew and I were in two different places this week and saw the following signs. I think that The Wilds should consider some for their hiking trails. (Disclaimer: this is by no means a jest at their English abilities; my six weeks' accumulation of Chinese knowledge has MUCH to be desired!)

This should be posted at the head of
the 4th Falls trail.

"I would, but I forgot my shampoo and towel."

Don't you love the word 'Romp'?
Somewhat onomatopoetic, don't you think?

Yourself? Your disobedient child?

and if you do 'fling'...