Friday, June 08, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday, June 6&7, 2007: The End (for now)


A quick view of our last days together while in Beijing. All of us quickly agree that we're not the city-folk! Yet He still gave us a good time together. We stayed at a traditional Chinese hutong: a neat experience that I would highly recommend. We were able to see many cool shops, the Drum Tower, and finally the Great Wall. Too many good things to say in such a short post. The best ways to find out are either talk to the fam or book a ticket. My apartment is always open...

As I left my family in the airport, I was reminded of an often un-sung stanza of 'Be Still My Soul':

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

While the context of the song might not be referring to a departure such as ours, it was still an encouragement. I praise Him for a family who loves Him enough that they are willing to give each other up for the sake of the Kingdom.