
From Disappointment to Delight
You can take the Farmer out of Tarheel country, but you can't take the Tarheel out of the Farmer. I love sports, although I had 'forgotten' what American football is until someone
recently mentioned the Super Bowl. But one thing I hadn't forgotten was the rivalry between UNC and Duke. From a young guy in Mr. Stocks' 5th grade class until now, my love for UNC has been paralleled in intensity only by my disgust for Duke. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed to realize that I wouldn't be able to watch the matchup last night. But, that's where the delight comes in. I was able to talk to Jeremy and Bonnie Ruth via Skype, and through the wonders of webcams, I was able to view the last few minutes of the Tarheels' victory. There's one more matchup yet to come, so my glory in their victory is only partially fulfilled. But it's always good to see the 'Dookies' defeated on their home court. Good game, Roy!