Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Three Years of Joy - October 31

I had a History of Civilization test that morning. It was Friday, October 31. After getting up, I checked the voicemail on my room phone and found a message from my mom. It had happened. Jonathan Paton Walters had been born. All thoughts of Civ soon left my mind, and I quickly made my way to St. Francis Hospital. I soon learned that there were some frightening difficulties with his birth and an emergency C-section. But thankfully, all were doing well. The first nephew in the family.

The past three years have been full of joy for our family. There hasn’t been a dull moment! I’ve seen few, if any, children with as much energy as this little guy. And along with that energy he has an incredible mind. It will be neat to see what the L. does with him. Now, we just seek for him to become a believer.

If you’re ever in need of some good entertainment, Jon has a blog-site of ‘Paton Quotes’: http://www.patonquotes.blogspot.com/ . Of course, we’re biased because we’re family, but they’re often quite hilarious and touching.

Oh, and I did take the Civ test on Saturday.